Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year's Resolutions (Plural)

So the idea of resolutions is not foreign to me. I frequently come up with "a new life plan" as I like to call it, aka resolutions. But now that I'm the mommy I not only make resolutions for myself, but also for my boys. This is all well and fine except for when I make them all at the same time, but so far so good.

Here are our most pressing resolutions:

1. Actively potty train Lucky-

We got him a stool to climb up to the potty (he very cutely calls it a 'school'); Cars, Thomas, and Elmo underwear....is 13 pairs overkill? I don't know, it just seems like something you wouldn't want to run out of; we also purchased a kitchen timer yesterday- the timer was set for every 20 minutes to go potty, then today every 30 minutes, tomorrow we move up to 45 minutes.....so far so good!

2. Allowing Rolly time to fall asleep on his own-

This may not seem like a resolution since Rolly pretty much always goes down for his nap/bedtime awake, however last week we had friends in town and a crazy schedule and unfortunately acclimated him to being put down asleep. I feel bad that he's having to re-learn something that we messed up for him. BUT he is 7 1/2 months old and he can fall asleep alone. He cries a little, but every night does better and better.

3. Starting Rolly on foods- finally!

Yes-it's true, Rolly has never had a taste of anything other than breastmilk----until tonight! He had some banana pieces. He of course loved it and smiled real sweet for the camera. He fed himself a few pieces. I fed him first and feeding himself is just for practice and seeing if he has any allergies, but my baby loves it. Hopefully his tummy will love it too. We'll see.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I reflect on our resolutions it makes me a little bit sad that we're experiencing all these changes, but my boys are growing, becoming more independent and that's a good thing. It means I'm doing my job.

What about you any resolutions? Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Elena said...

Potty and bananas...sounds like good times at the ____ Household. :) I'm not firmed up on my resolutions yet, but I'm thinking it's a continuation of last year. Last year I got the house organized, and this year I'll purge all the extraneous garbage from that. Final result: a clutter free existence. One can only hope.